Fair Fun For Everyone
Iowa’s oldest fair is unlike any in the region. No matter your age or interests, the Lee County Fair in Donnellson, Iowa has something for everyone! We hope you’ll join us for a variety of fun, daily attractions all week long.
Wednesday, July 7th
Crowning Ceremony | Wednesday, July 7, 2021 | 6pm in the Show Barn
- $500 Scholarship Awarded to the New Queen
- First Runner-Up Awarded $300 Scholarship
- Second Runner-Up Awarded $200 Scholarship
This is not a beauty or talent pageant. Contestants are judged on personality, attitude, appearance, leadership, citizenship, contribution to the community, charm and poise.
Little Ms. - Avery Hopp
Lee County Fair Queen - Brooklyn Pardall
Junior Queen - Sidney Gruntmeier
Little Mr. - Aiden McDowell
Thursday, July 8th
Now in its 17th year! The afternoon will feature free ice cream and desserts for all senior citizens provided by KILJ and prizes provided by The Kensington and other vendors. Free bingo with special prizes in the air conditioned Learning Center.
Breakfast at the Learning Center by Ft. Madison FFA 7am-9am
Art Hall, Ernie Rotter Barn Museum, and Pioneer Village Open 9am-7pm
Senior Day at the Lee County Fair 1pm–4pm
Informational Booths for Seniors 1pm-2:30pm
BINGO called by The Pampered Pals-Red Hat Society of Donnellson 2pm-3pm
Free Ice Cream and Desserts to Senior Citizens sponsored by KILJ 3pm
Free Entertainement - Kid's Celebration Family Game Show 3:30pm
Connection Bank and Insurance Stage
Blue Ribbon Diner Opens 5pm
Enjoy a walk around the grounds checking out the antique tractors, the Ernie Rotter Barn Museum, the Art Hall and the Livestock Barns. Stay a little longer and enjoy a great meal in the Blue Ribbon Diner in the Grandstand.
If you or your group would like to participate for Senior Day, please contact us.
Friday, July 9th
Blessing Hospital Keokuk and Fort Madison Community Hospital is sponsoring the 2021 Kid’s Day at the Lee County Fair from 1pm-4pm. Your child will have a blast with carnival rides, face painting, STEM activities and more!
Activities and Booths Provided by:
- Blessing Hospital Keokuk
- Med Evac
- Lee County EMT
- Lee County Sheriff Department
- Donnellson Fire Department
- Lee County Auditors
- Lee County Conservation
- Lee County Health Department
- Early Childhood Iowa
- Lee County Child Abuse Council
- Alcohol & Drug Dependency Services
- International Eyecare Center
- Farmer Bill’s Barn by Lee County Farm Bureau
- Viele Schoolhouse Crafts/Story
- Welch’s Insurance
- Philp Insurance
- Domestic Violence Intervention Program
- Lee County Extension Services
- Conservation Station
Saturday, July 10th
Farm Bureau Day
Join us for the Lee County Farm Bureau Cookout Contest! Registration is at 2pm and judging begins at 4pm with tasting to follow.
- Team Champion
- Youth Champion
- Overall Champion
- All individuals can win more than one category, except team members (they are not eligible to compete in the Individual category)
- Team members are not eligible to win the title of Overall Champion
- There will be one judge score for each entry
- 20 minutes between categories
- Highest overall score = Overall Champion
- Taste will be tie breaker if needed
- If only one entry in that category, they are automatic winner
- Winners get to compete at State Fair (includes 2 tickets for self, 2 tickets for help and parking passes for all)
Sunday, July 11th
Don’t miss the exciting Car Show at the Lee County Fair! Registration is from 10am-11am, with judging from 11am-1pm and awards at 1:30pm.
- Classic Car Pre 1979
- Car 1980 & Newer
- Special Interest
- Truck 2 Wheel Drive
- 4 X 4 Truck
- Rad Rod
- Open Muscle
Awards will be presented to the top two places in each class, plus a Best of Show. Food will be available on the grounds.